Each year thousands of people flock to Hervey bay to whale watch. The humpback whales arrive in Hervey bay from the arctic waters. Here they come to mate and calve and provide ample opportunity for people to watch them in their natural habitat. If you are lucky you may find yourself within touching distance of a humpback whale.
The following are a few reasons why you should go whale watching at least once.
- To enjoy the beautiful Hervey bay. It is one of the most picturesque places in Australia. The serene beauty and the wonderful weather combine to make it a popular tourist destination.
- You get to see the whales up close and personal. In fact these gentle giants are just as curious about us humans as we are about them. Don’t be surprised to see them bobbing their heads out of water close enough for you to touch.
- You get to see the performance of a lifetime. The humpback whales are known for flipping and diving. They put on quite a show. It’s the sort of sight which would leave you mesmerized.
- It’s a great way of spending some quality time. Whether you plan to go whale watching alone or with a group of friends or family, it allows you to experience tranquility and peace. There is something so lulling about these gentle creatures that you feel almost relaxed and at par with nature.
- It’s one of the most humbling experiences ever. These gentle giants are a treat to watch and there is a feeling of extreme peace while watching them frolic in the waters without a care in the world.
- This is a good way of trying to teach kids about Mother Nature in all its glory. The humpback whale was declared an endangered species in the early 1970’s. Since then various efforts have been made to conserve these gentle giants by placing a ban hunting them. The numbers may have gone up but they are nowhere near to the numbers these whales should be.
- Getting to watch the dolphins is an added bonus. That’s right when you go whale watching you are bound to see a few other sea creatures like the dolphins.
- You get to make some of the best memories. Make sure you head with your camera for whale watching. You never know e one of those curious giants might want to get close enough to be photographed in all its glory. They might even decide to put on a show just for you.
- The Fraser Island is nearby. It’s a great spot for exploring and you can get your kids an education on the importance of conserving land and the creatures which live on it.
When the time is right and the season arrive Book a Tour
With so many reasons it’s no wonder that people visit Hervey bay with their families. There are quite a number of tours to suit every budget. You have your choice of half day or full day tours and can even avail an early bird discount. For more information visit whale watching tours in Hervey bay and look at their website .